By Victor A. Hirth,Darryl Wieland,Maureen Dever-Bumba
A full-color case-based advisor to the foundations and scientific points of geriatric care
Case-Based Geriatrics makes use of a case-and-evidence-based method of assist you comprehend the major ideas and medical issues of geriatric medication and healthcare. Written to mirror the field’s turning out to be pattern towards interdisciplinary collaboration, the e-book is of price not just to physicians, yet to the total future health crew thinking about the care of the elderly.
This distinct textual content is built round case displays, that are used because the basic educating software. those situations replicate matters and rules of geriatrics which are encountered and practiced world wide. you are going to find out how cultural features of either sufferers and prone have extra new layers of problems to this already tough box – and the way they are often famous and triumph over. every one case is at once associated with the training ambitions present in each one bankruptcy. assessment questions look at the start and finish of every bankruptcy to check your understanding.
Case-Based Geriatrics is split into 3 sections:
- matters in getting older -- beneficial properties foundational chapters overlaying crucial themes corresponding to biology of getting older, around the world demographics, the geriatric actual examination, sensory adjustments in getting older, and techniques to laboratory checking out and imaging in aging
- Inter-professional Geriatrics -- presents an summary of multi-professional staff care and covers vital subject matters comparable to pre -and-post operative care, discharge making plans and transitional care, end-of-life care, domestic care, and long term care
- Geriatric Syndromes and significant matters -- covers universal problems resembling delirium, dementia, melancholy, stroke, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, and more
Read or Download Case-based Geriatrics: A Global Approach PDF
Best internal medicine books
As haemophilia is a life-long situation, carrying on with supervision via a gaggle of clinical group of workers is needed. in lots of nations this is often supplied by way of entire care haemophilia centres the place employees of all specialities keen on therapy- haematologists, paediatricians, nurses, physiotherapists, orthopaedic surgeons - have really good wisdom.
Neuromuscular fast Pocket Reference offers effortless and effective entry to universal actual exam thoughts and different neurological assessments played in a huge diversity of specialties. frequently composed of tables, charts, and images, this convenient reference places jointly and organizes the data that clinicians use each day.
Hepatobiliary drugs has noticeable significant fresh medical advances in viral hepatitis, haemochromatosis, and autoimmune liver/disease. This has been aided via imaging advances in MRI and CT. This quantity of two hundred circumstances, written by way of an across the world well known writer group, covers the complete spectrum of liver illness.
Regardless of major development within the administration of sufferers with continual kidney disorder, the morbidity and mortality stay excessive. although extra is now understood concerning the hormonal impact on bone and vascular buildings, and there were significant advances within the box of bone and mineral metabolism.
- Aging and Lung Disease: A Clinical Guide (Respiratory Medicine)
- Differential Diagnosis of Movement Disorders in Clinical Practice
- Dialysis:History, Development and Promise
- Superficial Esophageal Neoplasm: Pathology, Diagnosis, and Therapy
- Hemodynamic Aspects of Cerebral Angiomas (Acta Neurochirurgica Supplement)
Extra resources for Case-based Geriatrics: A Global Approach
Case-based Geriatrics: A Global Approach by Victor A. Hirth,Darryl Wieland,Maureen Dever-Bumba